Daily Practice Sheet 12 March 2021
- March 12, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
12 March 2021
All 6 Prelims qualified
4 CSE Mains qualified
If I can do it, you can too
Daily Prelims Topic
- Nagpur first city to see 2nd lockdown in India amidst rising Corona cases
- Amrit Mahotsav
- RTE Act
- Covaxin is now out of clinical trial mode and has now same authorization as Covishield
- Disinvestment drive:
- Mapping Indian Ocean genome
- LGBT freedom zone:
- Trusted telecom products or trusted telecom equipment sources
- Brahmaputra and its tributaries (Chinese Parliament approves building of DAM on river)
- Capital expenditure for the current-year post-pandemic has seen around 11% fall in major states and saw increase in social spending by states.
- As of March 2020, the net non-performing loans of banks stood at 2.8 per cent or Rs 2,89,500 crore, which is 1.3 per cent of the GDP.
- In January, a stress test by the central bank showed that public sector banks’ gross NPAs might rise from 9.7 per cent in September 2020 to 16.2 per cent in September 2021, while private banks’ from 4.6 per cent to 7.9 per cent, and foreign banks from 2.5 per cent to 5.4 per cent, taking the system-wide bad loans to 13.5 per cent by September 2021.
- In emerging and developing economies, 70% of women are employed in the informal sector.
Daily Mains Mantra
- The covid-19 has reinforced the role of digital technologies in improving India’s healthcare. Elaborate. Also, assess the govt measure in this regard. [Reference: Financial Express]
GS2: International Relations
- Do you think India’s global rise has made Quad 2.0 viable? Discuss how QUAD can be both a platform for consolidating India’s geo-economic and geo-strategic challenges. [Reference: Indian Express]
- What do you understand by insurance penetration? Discuss how the further opening up of insurance sector to FDI can boost insurance penetration and overall health. [Reference: Indian Express]
- We must avoid the ‘tyranny of the urgent’ and the budget balancing logic to address structural issues in the design of social protection. In this context need of budget prioritizing the most vulnerable, protects societies from extreme inequality, and provide proactive and systemic support to them in development process. [Reference: Financial Express]
GS3: Science and technology