Daily Practice Sheet 17 April 2021
- April 17, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
17 April 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Monsoon prediction
- Dust storm
- Oxygen crisis
- SUVAS and SUPACE
- RTPCS Test
Aadhar glitches related denial of benefits
- On analysing the responses of those from ration-card-holding households, (four-fifths of the 12,000+ electors interviewed said their household held one), it turned out that 28% or over one in four households denied foodgrains due to non-possession/production of an Aadhaar ID or because their Aadhaar biometric details didn’t match or on account of technical or server issues. (Lokniti-CSDS survey 2019)
- While 28% of respondents belonging to ration card-holding households in rural areas were refused ration due to Aadhaar-related issues at some point, in urban areas this was 27%.
- In both rural and urban areas, the poorest were worst affected – 39% of households with a monthly income below Rs 2,000 said they were at some point denied PDS ration due to Aadhaar problems.
- There are nearly 4.4 crore cases pending in Indian courts at all levels—the Supreme Court, the high courts and the district/taluka courts.
- Lower courts are short of more than 20% of the sanctioned strength.
Daily Mains Mantra
- Judiciary as a male bastion is a disservice to justice. Onus is on the institution not women to fix this gender deficit. Comment. [Reference: Indian Express]
- With educational institutions shut for over a year, how does the future of education look in a Covid-altered world? Is the idea of a university as a physical space under threat? [Reference: Indian Express]
- Critically examine the role of the government schemes in restoring purity and biodiversity of river Ganga over the years with focus on Namami Gange. [Reference: Indian Express]
- What is vaccine diplomacy? How does it go with the concept of National Interest? [Reference: The Hindu]