Daily Practice Sheet 3 November 2021
- November 3, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
3 November 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Why ‘Bird of the Year’ award has created controversy in New Zealand
- What is the Global Methane Pledge, and why is methane significant for climate change?
- Rain fed farming
- Global warming in history
- Nuclear energy helped prevent 72 billion tonnes CO2 emissions since 19702014 New York Declaration of Forests
- One Solar One Grid
- Defence Acquisition Council
- J&K State Investigation Agency
- Caricom Countries
- Third World Network
- Leadership Group for Industry Transition (LeadIT)
- CRUCIAL Act of 2021
- Revised PCA Framework
- About 80 percent of India’s total energy demand, and not just electricity, depends on coal, oil and solid biomass.
- Coal is presently used to generate almost 70 percent of domestic power generation
- The IPCC estimatesUS$2.4 trillion is needed annually for the energy sector alone until 2035 to limit global warming below 1.5℃ to prevent catastrophic consequences.
- The current atmospheric CO2 concentration of around 415 parts per million (compared to 280 ppm prior to industrialisation in the early 1800s), is greater than at any time in at least the past 2 million years.
CSE MAINS 2021 and CSE 2022
1. India’s proximity to two of the world’s biggest illicit opium-growing states has enhanced her internal security concerns. Explain the linkages between drug trafficking and other illicit activities such as gunrunning, money laundering and human trafficking. What countermeasures should be taken to prevent the same?
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Polity
- Discuss the role of Supreme Court in protecting the fundamental rights of the citizens. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Environment
- India’s commitment to hit net-zero emissions by 2070 is grounded in the reality of climate justice. In the light of the statement discuss challenges in achieving net zero. [Reference: Business Line, Mongabay]
- What do you understand by climate finance?
- Enumerate India’s commitment at the COP 26. Discuss the strategies to meet them.
- What is global methane pledge? Why methane is significant to climate change? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Disaster
- What do by understand by vulnerability? Discuss India’s vulnerability to climate change. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 4: Ethics