- February 23, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Science and Technology
Context: The DoT is attempting to outline an overall framework of 6G and to provide directional guidance for the subsequent 6G research.
- The department is going to organize a webinar on February 24 to analyse the technical requirements and challenges to introduce 6G in the country for standardisation of 6G, probable use cases, opportunities and challenges in the present ecosystem, and strategising for 6G in India.
- It is a successor to 5G cellular technology.
- It is anticipated that 6G networks will be able to use higher frequencies than 5G networks and this will enable higher data rates to be achieved and for the 6G network to have a much greater overall capacity.
- A much lower latency levels will be also one of the features.
- It seeks to utilize the terahertz band of frequency which is currently unutilized.