Air borne diseases
- July 7, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Science and tech
Scientists warned that Coronavirus has a great risk for airborne spread and wants WHO to revise guidelines.
- Airborne diseases are illnesses spread by tiny pathogens in the air. These can be bacteria, fungi, or viruses, but they are all transmitted through airborne contact.
- In most cases, an airborne disease is contracted when someone breathes in infected air.
- And a person also spreads the disease through their breath, particularly by sneezing and coughing, and through phlegm.
- Particles that cause airborne diseases are small enough to cling to the air. They hang on dust particles, moisture droplets, or on the breath until they are picked up. They are also acquired by contact with bodily fluids, such as mucus or phlegm.
- Common airborne diseases include:Influenza, common cold , Mumps, Measles, Whooping cough