Annular Solar eclipse
- June 17, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Science and tech
An annular solar eclipse will occur on 21 June, 2020
- A solar eclipse occurs on a new moon day when the Moon comes in between the Earth and the Sun and when all the three objects are aligned.
- An annular solar eclipse will occur when the angular diameter of the Moon falls short of that of the Sun so that it cannot cover up the latter completely.
- As a result a ring of the Sun’s disk remains visible around the Moon.
- Eclipsed Sun should not be viewed with the naked eye, even for a very short time. It will cause permanent damage of the eyes leading to blindness even when the moon covers most portion of the Sun.
- Safe technique to observe the solar eclipse is either by using proper filter like aluminized Mylar, black polymer, welding glass or by making projection of Sun’s image on a white board by telescope.