- June 26, 2023
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Section: Places in news
- Araku Valley is a hill station in Eastern Ghats
- Araku Valley, home to the Araku tribes, is approximately 114 km from the popular coastal city of Visakhapatnam. Ihome to the Araku tribes, is approximately 114 km from the popular coastal city of Visakhapatnam.
- Araku Valley is home to the biodiversity hotspots – Anantagiri and Sunkarimetta Reserved Forest.
- Araku Valley is also home to two of the highest peaks in the Eastern Ghats – Jindhagada Peak and Gallikonda Peak.
- The Ananthagiri Hills is also home to Borra Caves, one of the largest caves systems in India. The limestone formations (stalactites and stalagmites) are millions of years old. A lot of these structures have been given religious interpretations by the locals, due to which the site has become a popular place for religious gatherings.