Arsenicum Album 30
- June 13, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Science and tech
Maharashtra government has given nod to the use of homeopathy medicine Arsenic Album 30 for the general population as a prophylactic against Covid-19 and as an immunity booster.
- Arsenicum album is made by heating arsenic with distilled water, a process repeated several times over three days.
- The health hazards of arsenic contamination in water are well known: long-term exposure to the metal can cause skin cancer, pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases.
- There is no evidence to suggest Arsenicum Album 30 prevents Covid-19 infection. The medicine is generally used for respiratory problems. Several homeopathic experts have expressed worry over unscientific use of the medicine against Covid-19.
- Prophylaxis is also called preventive healthcare. It is the series of measures taken to prevent the affliction of a disease
- Chemoprophylaxis is the use of drugs and other medications to prevent the onset of a disease or an infection. It is also called chemoprevention.
- It is used on people who have compromised immune systems, people who are prone to recurrent infections and even on healthy individuals who are at risk due to an epidemic.