Article 275(I) and Van Dhan Scheme
- June 16, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
- Tribal people due to lack of market access have been severely affected by COVID pandemic. As relief Cental government announced expanded coverage of PM Van Dhan Yojana current 18,000 SHGS to 50,000 Van Dhan SHGS.
- Coverage to 10 lakh tribal gatherers through the Covid19 relief plan of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs under article 275(I).
Van Dhan VikasKaryakram
- The programme launched in 2018 aims to tap into the traditional knowledge and skill sets of tribal people by adding technology and Information Technology for upgradation of output at each stage and to convert the tribal wisdom into a remunerative economic activity.
- Van Dhan VikasKaryakram seeks to promote and leverage the collective strength of tribal people to achieve a viable scale
- The proposition is to set-up tribal community owned MFP-centric multi-purpose Van Dhan VikasKendras (the Kendra) in predominantly tribal districts.
- About 3000 Van DhanKendrasare proposed to be set up in span of 2 years i.e. 1500 Kendras to be set-up in each year. Each Kendra would act as common facility centres for procurement cum value addition to locally available MFPs and skill based handicraft.
- A typical Van Dhan Vikas Kendra shall constitute of 10 tribal Van Dhan Vikas Self Help Groups (SHG), each comprising of upto 30 MFP gatherers or tribal handicraft artisans
Under Article 275, the parliament is authorized to provide grants-in-aid to any state as parliament may determine to be in need of assistance, and different sums may be fixed for different States.