- November 8, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Govt Schemes
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has launched ‘Aatamanirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping (ASEEM)’ portal to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
- The Portal(AI based) is expected to improve the information flow and bridge the demand-supply gap in the skilled workforce market.
- It is developed by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with Bengaluru-based company ‘Betterplace’.
- It will provide real-time data analytics about the demand and supply patterns including – industry requirements, skill gap analysis, demand per district/ state/cluster, key workforce suppliers, key consumers, migration patterns and multiple potential career prospects for candidates.
- It will enable policymakers to take a more objective view of various sectors in the economy.
- It will further re-engineer the vocational training landscape in the country ensuring a skilling, up-skilling and reskilling in a more organised set up.
- It is also available as an application (app), it consists of three IT based interfaces:
Employer Portal: Employer onboarding, demand aggregation, candidate selection.
Dashboard: Reports, trends, analytics, and highlight gaps.
Candidate Application: Create & track candidate profile, share job suggestions.
To Skilled Workforce:
- It will have provision for registration and data upload for workers across job roles, sectors and geographies.
- It will help in strengthening industry-relevant skills and explore emerging job opportunities especially in the post Covid era.
- Candidate data coming to Skill India Portal from various state and central skilling schemes will be integrated including that from Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), Fee-based Programs, National Urban Livelihoods Mission, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana, etc.
- Database of labour migrants in Indian states and overseas citizens, who returned to India under the Vande Bharat Mission and filled SWADES Skill Card, has been integrated with the ASEEM portal.
- They will be able to assess the availability of a skilled workforce and formulate their hiring plans.