- February 7, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has launched ‘Aatamanirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping (ASEEM)’ portal to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
- The Portal is expected to improve the information flow and bridge the demand-supply gap in the skilled workforce market.
- Developed and Managed By: National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with Bengaluru-based company ‘Betterplace’.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Based Platform:
- It will provide real-time data analytics about the demand and supply patterns including – industry requirements, skill gap analysis, demand per district/ state/cluster, key workforce suppliers, key consumers, migration patterns and multiple potential career prospects for candidates.
- It will enable policymakers to take a more objective view of various sectors in the economy.
- Driven by Prime Minister’s assertion of ‘India as a talent powerhouse’ at the India Global Week 2020 Summit, it will further re-engineer the vocational training landscape in the country ensuring a skilling, up-skilling and reskilling in a more organised set up.