- April 12, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Context: ASHA workers, campaigns on WhatsApp help Rajasthan fix vaccine story.
Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA)
- ASHA is a trained female community health activist. Selected from the community itself and accountable to it, the ASHA will be trained to work as an interface between the community and the public health system.
- The role of an ASHA is that of a community level care provider.
- ASHA will be trained to work as an interface between the community and the public health system
- This includes a mix of tasks: facilitating access to health care services, building awareness about health care entitlements especially amongst the poor and marginalized, promoting healthy behaviours and mobilizing for collective action for better health outcomes and meeting curative care needs as appropriate to the organization of service delivery in that area and compatible with her training and skills.