Central Zoon Authority
- July 2, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Government bodies
The Environment Ministry has recently reconstituted the Central Zoo Authority.
- The CZA is a statutory body constituted under Wildlife protection act amended in 1992.
- It is chaired by the Environment Minister
- Apart from the chairman, it consists of 10 members and a member-secretary.
- Almost all of them are officials in the Environment Ministry and non-government experts are those who are wildlife conservationists or retired forest officers.
- Functions: 1) to specify the minimum standards 2) to evaluate and assess the functioning of the zoos 3) to recognise or derecognise zoos; 4) to identify endangered species 5) to coordinate the acquisition exchange 6) Identify priorities, themes and approval of Master Plan 7) Provide technical assistance to Zoos 8) to release financial assistance to Zoos 9) to ensure maintenance of studbooks 10) to coordinate training of zoo personnel 11) to coordinate research and education