- January 11, 2022
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject – Economy
Context – Suit filed against Fortis Healthcare, others in US District Court for copyright infringement
- Copyright infringement is the use or production of copyright-protected material without the permission of the copyright holder.
- Copyright infringement means that the rights afforded to the copyright holder, such as the exclusive use of a work for a set period of time, are being breached by a third party.
- Music and movies are two of the most well-known forms of entertainment that suffer from significant amounts of copyright infringement.
- Individuals and companies who develop new works register for copyright protection to ensure that they can profit from their efforts.
- Other parties may be granted permission to use those works through licensing arrangements or buy the works from the copyright holder.
- Infringement cases may lead to contingent liabilities, which are amounts set aside in case of a possible lawsuit.
To know about Intellectual Property and its types, please refer July 2021 DPN.