- April 1, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Economy
Context : Minister of State for Ports, Shipping & Waterways (I/C) Shri Mansukh Mandaviya flagged off the Cruise service from Hazira Port of Surat to Diu today via video conferencing.
- For the cruise between Surat and Diu, the one side voyage time will be approximately 13 to 14 hours.
- The new cruise has a capacity of 300 passengers and has 16 cabins and will sail two round trips in a week.
- The cruise has a VIP lounge, gaming lounge, entertainment on deck as well as other modern amenities.
- One side journey of the cruise ship will cost Rs. 900 + Taxes (per head).
- PM Modi earlier inaugurated Hazira-GhoghaRoPAX Service and within four months of its inauguration, the ferry service was utilized by one lakh passengers and thousands of vehicles to save the cost of travel and journey time from Hazira (Surat) to Ghogha (Bhavanagar).