Daily Practice Sheet 1 December 2021
- December 1, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
1 December 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Char Dham Devasthanam Management Act
- Government Owned Contractor Operated (GOCO) Model
- Omicron Cryptocurrency
- Kyhytysuka Sachicarum
- Gross domestic product (GDP)
- National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA)
- Polavaram project
- Nairobi Declaration
- Unemployment rate at 9.3%
- Financial aspect of 73rd and 74th Amendment
- Informal Economy
- Nearly 35 per cent of Africa’s population (465 million people) could be living in extreme poverty by the end of 2021 because of COVID-19 and extreme weather events.
- According to a report by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), opium production in Afghanistan has crossed 6,000 tonnes for the fifth consecutive year. The reported rise in global opium prices has resulted in the exponential production of opiates increasing by 8%.
The 17th Conference (2003), informal workers were defined as those without social security. Based on these definitions, internationally, comparable estimates of both types of informality are available. India’s levels are 80% and 91%, respectively.
Topic: Schemes; Mechanisms, Laws, Institutions and Bodies Constituted for the Protection and Betterment of these Vulnerable Sections. Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Will digitization alone fill the gaps in Indian healthcare system? Critically examine the National Digital health Mission. What are concerns related to it?
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
GS 2: Polity
- Disaster risk reduction is also poverty risk reduction. Explain
- Critically assess India’s social security net for the informal set up.
GS 3: Economy
- Unemployment in India is a complex problem with numerous overlapping and intertwined causes. Discuss the causes and suggest remedies.
- What do you understand by informal economy? Discuss its significance. [Reference: The Hindu]
- What do you understand by demographic dividend? [Reference: Indian Express]
- What do you understand by gross fixed capital formation? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Disaster Management
GS 3: Security