Daily Practice Sheet 1 October 2020
- October 1, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- Current account surplus:
- Defence offset policy
- ‘Decarbonization and Energy Transition Agenda
- Ambedkar Social Innovation & Incubation Mission under Venture Capital fund for SCs (ASIIM)”
- Deficit target
- Recommended Dietary Allowances’ and ‘Nutrient Requirements’ report
- Crime in India 2019 report
- GOTITORIAEAST & WEST MINE
As per the National Crime Records Bureau report on Crime in India – 2019
Crime rate registered per lakh population went up marginally to 385.5 in 2019 as compared to 383.5 in 2018.
A total of 51.56 lakh cognizable crimes comprising 32.25 lakh Indian Penal Code (IPC) crimes and 19.30 lakh Special & Local Laws (SLL) crimes were registered in 2019.
This is an increase of 1.6% in registration of cases over 2018.
During 2019, registration of cases under IPC went up by 3%.
Crimes against women have gone up by 7.3 per cent last year. The crime rate registered per lakh women population is 62.4 per cent in 2019, up from the 58.8 per cent figure of 2018.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 2: Polity
GS 2: Governance
- Will National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) transform the health sector? [Reference: Financial Express]
GS 3: Economy
- Is India trapped in a macro trilemma? [Reference: Financial Express]
- What do you understand by cess? Discuss its purpose and controversy regarding its use in the background of recent CAG report. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 4: Ethics
- What do you understand by justice? Why justice is considered an important ingredient of a peaceful society.
- Health Behaviour plays an important role in success of any public health intervention. How can behavior be changed for improved public health? [Reference: The Hindu]
- Discuss the relevance of teachings of Mahatma Gandhi. [Reference: Live Mint]