Daily Practice Sheet 10 December 2021
- December 10, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
10 December 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Indian Broadcasting and Digital Foundation (IBDF)
- Global Health Security Index 2021
- Judicial review of Speaker’s decision
- WTO TRIPS
- World Gold Council (WGC)
- Retail Inflation
- Algorithmic trading
- Non-Convertible Debentures
- Collective Strength Initiative
- Scheduled Status of a Bank
- Inter Creditor Agreement
- Gig Worker
- Crypto as Securities of Special Class
- No line of succession for CDS
- “Challenge” Feature Length Film
- Bird Flu
- Cyclones in Arabian Sea
- Institution of National Importance
- Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019
- Cyclone vulnerable coastal areas in Indian Ocean
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) reports show that in almost all the states of the Indian Union, irrespective of the party holding office, religious minorities are over-represented in jai
- During UPA II, muslims represented 21 to 22.5 per cent of the “undertrials” and under NDA II (from 2014 to 2019) 19 to 21 per cent.
Attitude: Content, Structure, Function; its Influence and Relation with Thought and Behavior; Moral and Political Attitudes; Social Influence and Persuasion
- Discuss the psychological method of radicalization.
- What do you understand by equity? Why it is important in climate change negotiations?
Topic: Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries
- What do you understand by constitutionalism? How it is different from Constitution? Is constitutionalism in India a myth or a reality?
Hint: It asks about difference in the concept of the Constitution and Constitutionalism and how far Indian democracy
Hint: The act is considered the beginning of the Parliamentary system in India. You have to investigate this claim and how far this is correct.
|Introduction (I): Introduce with the Charter Act, 1853 and its significance.|
Body (B): 1) First bring out features which point foundation of the Parliamentary system in India (Ex- Separating executive council and legislative council and explain how this in the future acts evolved into Parliamentary system)
2) Now talk how the act was very limited and symbolic. Apart from separation of power to an extent, it didn’t fix accountability of the executive to the legislature which was started in later acts.
Conclusion (C): Conclude that the Act though can be said to lay the seed of Parliamentary system, yet, was symbolic and very limited.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Geography
- Why Arabian Sea is witnessing increasing number of cyclones?
- Western coast of India is less vulnerable to cyclone than eastern coast. Explain why?
GS 2: Polity
GS 3: Economy
- Noted agricultural scientist MS Swaminathan told 15 years ago that farming was the riskiest profession in India. Discuss the reasons behind this? Will MSP solve this? [Reference: Business Line]
GS 4: Ethics