Daily Practice Sheet 10 October 2020
- October 10, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
On this day
World mental health day: World Mental Health Day is observed on 10thOctober every year, with the overall objective of raising awareness of mental health issues around the world and mobilizing efforts in support of mental health.
Daily Prelims Topic
- What is the WFP??
- RBI ( TLTRO , OMO, Bond Yield)
- Anti-Radiation missile
- China joins COVAX
- ‘Scientific Social Responsibility’ by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
- SATHI mission
- cyber physical systems mission
- Labour bureau
- RTGS vs NEFT
- Nagorno Karabakh region (Armenia Azerbaijan) mapping
- Kyrgyzstan mapping – Russia led Security Treaty Organization
- According to National Mental Health Survey 2015-16 conducted by NIMHAS, Bengaluru every sixth person in India need help.
- According to WHO, in 2011, there were 0·301 psychiatrists and 0·047 psychologists for every 100,000 patients suffering from a mental health disorder in India.
- It is estimated that 6-7 % of population suffers from mental disorders.
- The World Bank report (1993) revealed that the Disability Adjusted Life Year (DALY) loss due to neuropsychiatric disorder is much higher than diarrhea, malaria, worm infestations and tuberculosis if taken individually.
- Together these disorders account for 12% of the global burden of disease (GBD) and an analysis of trends indicates this will increase to 15% by 2020 (World Health Report, 2001).
- One in four families is likely to have at least one member with a behavioral or mental disorder (WHO 2001).
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Society
GS 2: Governance
- Health is mostly taken to mean physical health, and mental health has not received due importance. Discuss the deepening mental health crisis in India. Analyze how Mental Health Act will tackle this challenge. [Reference: Hindustan Times, Economic Times]
- Discuss the gaps in Mental Health Care Act 2017. [Reference: Live Mint]
- Write a note on National Mental Health Policy and National Mental Health Program. [Reference: NHM, NHM]
GS 2: IR
GS 3: Economy
- Discuss how Contract farming will impact farmer’s wellbeing and food security of the country? [Reference: Indian Express]
- What are the different types of agriculture subsidies given to farmers at the national and state levels? Critically analyze the agriculture subsidy regime with the reference to the distortions created by it. [Reference: Fincom India]
- How do subsidies affect the cropping pattern, crop diversity and economy of farmers? What is the significance of crop insurance, minimum support price and food processing for small and marginal farmers?
GS 4: Ethics