Daily Practice Sheet 10 September 2020
- September 10, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
On this day
10th September is observed as World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) by the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP). WHO has been co-sponsor of the day. The purpose of this day is to raise awareness around the globe that suicide can be prevented.
Daily Prelims Topic
- FDI in Defence
- Drug Controller General of India
- ICMR Plasma Therapy study PLACID
- Poll campaign expenditure cap:
- Door Step banking and EASE reform
- Plantation Crop in India:
- According to WHO India has the highest suicide rate in the South-East Asian region.
- The report released a day before World Suicide Prevention Day pegged India’s suicide rate at 16.5 suicides per 100,000 people. Sri Lanka stands second in the region with a suicide rate of 14.6 and Thailand (14.4) third.
- India also had the third-highest female suicide rate (14.7) in the world after Lesotho (24.4) and Republic of Korea (15.4).
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Society
- Discuss the problem of substance abuse in India. Analyze various laws to control drug abuse in India. [Reference: Money Control]
GS 1: Geography
- Proximity to the largest producers of heroin and hashish-the Golden Triangle and Golden Crescent (Afghanistan-Pakistan-Iran) -has made India’s border vulnerable to drug trafficking
- What do you understand by plantation crop? Discuss the geographical distribution of plantation crops in India.
GS 2: Governance
- What do you understand by media trial? How it impacts police investigation? Are there any regulations governing media trial? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Economy
- What do you understand by informal economy? Examine the adverse impact of covid pandemic on informal economy. Discuss steps to revive informal economy. [Reference: Business Line]
- Access to credit is one of the most important. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Security
- The nexus between drug traffickers, organized criminal networks and terrorists has created a force powerful enough to cause instability in the country. Explain. [Reference: IDSA]
- Discuss the need for corporatization of ordinance. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 4: Ethics