Daily Practice Sheet 11 February 2022
- February 11, 2022
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
11 February 2022
Daily Prelims Topic
- DELHI GOVTS. DRAFT POLICY FOR DELIVERY SERVICES TO E-VEHICLES
- GOVERNOR V/S FEDERAL STRUCTURE
- Glaciers at Pangong in Ladakh retreated 6.7% since 1990- says recent research
- MULLAPERIYAR DAM
- TRANSGENDERS/LGBTQI+ RIGHTS
- COURT RULINGS ON HIJAB
- RUSSIA LAUNCHES BELARUS MILITARY DRILLS
- Type 1 DIABETES LEADING CAUSE OF DIABETES DEATH BELOW 25
- INDO PACIFIC REGION
- RBI EXTENDS LIQUIDITY WINDOW FOR HEALTHCARE
- INDIA INVESTING IN NUCLEAR POWER TO PROVIDE CLEAN ELECTRICITY
- Article 19 1 (g)
- Indira Gandhi Government invoked Article 356 39 times
- The area under cultivation of rice and wheat from the time of the Green Revolution till recently increased from 30 million hectares to 44 million hectares and nine million hectares to 31 million hectares, respectively, while that of coarse cereals plunged from 37 million hectares to 25 million hectares.
- Almost 68% of Indian agriculture is rain fed
- The recently released India State of Forest Report (ISFR) 2021 shows the total forest and tree cover in India is 80.9 million hectares, which is 24.62 per cent of the geographical area of the country. Between 2019 and 2021, the forest and tree cover rose by 2,261 sq km.
1. What do you understand by urban sprawls? What challenges they pose to India’s urbanization?
In the introduction, define urban sprawls and add data on it.
In the main body, explain the challenges urban sprawls pose to rapid urbanization in India.
Add examples, data and facts wherever necessary.
In the 2nd part, add suggestions to tackle those challenges.
2. What do you understand by ‘urbanization of poverty’? Critically examine the social security measures for urban poor in India.
Define urbanization of poverty in the introduction.
Add the causes of urbanization of poverty in the 2nd paragraph.
In the main body, brief about the challenges posed by urbanization of poverty.
Critically examine the measures taken by Government to tackle the problem and ensure security to the poor.
Add suggestions on the same.
Conclude highlighting the importance of providing social assistance to poor to overcome poverty.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 2: Polity
- Is the institution of the governor subverting the federal structure of India? [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 3: Economy
- What is MSP? How can MSP help in transforming agriculture? [Reference: The Hindu]
- The recent Haryana Act raises constitutional questions? What are they? Discuss the implications of such action. [Reference: The Hindu]
- Examine the dynamics of growth vs inflation.
GS 3: Environment