Daily Practice Sheet 11 May 2021
- May 11, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
11 May 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- How splitting vaccines 50-50 has created new supply bottlenecks
- India’s Vaccination Policy
- Variant of concern
- Al Aqsa clashes
- Breakthrough cases
- Commodities super cycle
- Wilful default
- BSER report
- Black Fungus
- Operation Samudra Setu II – Three naval ships bring medical supplies
- According to National Sample survey Data only 4.4% rural household and 24% rural household have computers.
- Only 17% of rural areas and 42% of urban areas have internet.
- According to NCERT and Azim Premji and Oxfam suggest that between 27% and 60% could not access online classes
- For a range of reasons.
- India’s abysmally low public spending on health (barely 1% of GDP) bears repetition. Partly as a result, the share of‘out of pocket’ (OOP) health expenditure (of total health spending) in India was over 60% in 2018. Even in a highly privatized health system such as the United States, OOP was merely 10%
- Amid the surge in Covid-19 cases, about 2 crore families across the country availed of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) in April—80 per cent higher than the corresponding figure last year, according to the data on the scheme’s website.
- The states which have seen the sharpest jump in the number of households availing the NREGS are Assam (3,100%), Tamil Nadu (901%), Punjab (737%), Gujarat (439%) and Jharkhand (367%).
- Banks have added Rs 38,976 crore from 662 borrower accounts as wilful defaulters during the 12 months ended December 2020 when the Covid pandemic hit the country’s financial system.
- With this, total wilful defaults amounted to Rs 244,602 crore as of december 2020.
- Wilful defaults have now more than doubled from Rs 118,130 crore in December 2017.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS1: Modern Indian History
- Digital solutions will obfuscate and distract us from the real problem. Do you agree with this statement? Argue in the case of delivery of health and education services in India. [Reference: The Hindu ]
- What do you understand by digital divide? Discuss the challenge of digital divide in India. How does it accentuate inequality in India? [Reference: The Hindu]
GS2: International Relations
- With US withdrawal from the Afghanistan and shift from middle-east to Indo-Pacific discuss impact on South Asia.
- Despite tremendous effort exerted since the 1991 Madrid Peace Conference to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through a two-state solution peace has been elusive.
GS2: Science and technology
- What is space debris? Elaborate on the role of space-faring nations who must assume greater responsibility to address the issue. [Reference: Financial Express]
- Discuss how climate change is impacting India’s renewable energy effort particularly wind energy. [Reference: Live Mint]