Daily Practice Sheet 12 October 2020
- October 12, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- SWAMITIVA SCHEME
- BLUE FLAG CERTIFICATION
- GIGA FACTORY
- HHDROGEN CELL
- RTI Act
- Darcha in Himachal Pradesh
- Article 293
- According to recent report India has more than 197 mn people living with diagnosable mental illness.
- India has 0.3 Psychiatrists and 2 mental health workers per 100,000 populations, while the desirable number is anything above 3 Psychiatrists per 100,000.
- Just 0.05 % of total health budget is invested in mental health.
- The statutory body has just five Information Commissioners at present, against a sanctioned strength of 11, including Chief Information Commissioner, while 36,000 cases are pending.
- Out of almost 90,000 cases disposed of by the 16 commissions between April 2019 to July 2020, show cause notices were issued in more than 15,700 cases, and penalties imposed in 1,995 cases. Overall, fines imposed amounted to ₹2.53 crore.
- Penalties were imposed in only 2.2% of cases that were disposed of, despite previous analysis showing a rate of about 59% violations which should have triggered the process of penalty imposition.
- Odisha is functioning with just four commissioners, while Rajasthan has only three. Jharkhand and Tripura have no commissioners at all, and have been defunct for months. The CIC has no chief, and only five commissioners.
- More than 2.2 lakh RTI cases are pending at the Central and State Information Commissions
Source: The Hindu
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 2: Polity
- Do you think GST has reduced fiscal autonomy of states? Discuss in the context of GST compensation. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST) has led to a paradigm shift in the Centre-State relations, both financially and politically.” Analyze with examples
GS 2: Governance
- Even after 15 years of RTI Act, transparency is still a mirage. Critically discuss the challenges in implementation of the Act. [Reference: The Hindu, Deccan Herald]
GS 3: Security
- Rather than new laws what is needed is effective implementation of low in India. In this context, discuss the need for reform in criminal justice system. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Police force has been misused by the political executive for personal and political reasons. Suggest measures to make police force more accountable and effective. [Reference: PRS India]
GS 4: Ethics