Daily Practice Sheet 13 May 2021
- May 13, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
13 May 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- All India Democratic Women’s Association
- Red-Cross Society, COVAID portal
- GST council
- Iron dome vs Rockets
- Dismissal of the civil servant under Art 311
- IIP and CPI
- Run rate:
- PLI scheme for ACC battery
- Samarajit Jana
- Compulsory licensing
- Gaza strip
- Anamalai tiger reserve
- India’s agricultural exports grew 17.5 per cent to cross $41.8 billion in 2020-21. This came even as the country’s overall merchandise exports fell 7.2 per cent to $290.8 billion, from $313.4 billion in 2019-20.
- The farm sector’s standout export performance, the best since the $43.25 billion of 2013-14, was thanks to a good monsoon, agriculture production being relatively unaffected by the Covid-19-induced lockdown, and a steep surge in global commodity prices.
- Agricultural growth for 2020-21 is estimated at 3 per cent, even as the Indian economy contracted by 6.5 per cent.
Daily Mains Mantra
- Black marketing has emerged as negative side of pandemic handling. In this context discuss longstanding, systemic flaws which lead to it and how India can bring in reforms to overcome it. [Reference: Indian Express]
- The pandemic has highlighted the importance of expanding the social security net in India. In this context, discuss how far present social security net is effective in protecting the vulnerable sections of society.
- What is leadership and how it is different from administrator? Discuss the role of leadership in handling crises. [Reference: Financial Express]
- What do you understand by scientific temper? How can it be cultivated? [Reference: The Hindu]
- Discuss the ethical issues in the Edtech industry. [Reference: The Hindu]