Daily Practice Sheet 13 October 2020
- October 13, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- Drug repositioning and repurposed drugs
- Stimulus to boost demand( Focus on static concept of demand)
- District Mineral Fund and District Mineral Foundation and Pradhan Mantri Khanij Kshetra Kalyan Yojana (PMKKKY)
- What is forensic audit?
- IIT Madras: Maushik
- Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs)
- are amongst the strongest drivers of the economy with a vast network of about six crore enterprises, contributing about 45 per cent to manufacturing output, 50 per cent to exports, around 30 per cent to GDP, and creating employment for about 11 crore — second only to agriculture.
- Only 7.4 % of working population is covered in any pension plan in India. India’s pension system ranks 32 out of 37 countries on Global Pension ranking system.
- According to World Bank the prolonged closure of schools due to the COVID-19 pandemic in India may cause a loss of over USD 400 billion in the country’s future earnings, besides substantial learning losses.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Geography
- Discuss the phenomenon of retreating monsoon. Examine the impact of Lanina on Indian monsoon. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 2: Governance
- Analyze the challenges posed by rising senior population in India. Discuss National Policy for Senior Citizens in this context. [Reference: Social Justice]
GS 3: Economy
- What do you understand by food insecurity? Discuss the state of food insecurity in India. [Reference: The Hindu, ERS Usda]
- Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) are amongst the strongest drivers of the economy with a vast network of about six crore enterprises, however they are reeling under crisis in last 6 months. How will the new definition of SME help? [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Environment
GS 3: Security
- What do you understand by human trafficking? Why India’s human trafficking problem skyrocketed during covid pandemic. [Reference: Indian Express, Edexlive]
GS 4: Ethics