Daily Practice Sheet 15 February 2021
- February 15, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
15 February 2021
All 6 Prelims qualified
4 CSE Mains qualified
If I can do it, you can too
Daily Prelims Topic
- Arjun Mark 1A
- Protem speaker
- International Cruise Terminal Sagarika in Kochi
- The Andhra Odisha disputes over villages or Kotia dispute
- External Commercial Borrowing (ECB)
- Theru Koothu
- Kailash Range
- Rejang La
- At the projected economic cost of Rs 29.94/kg for wheat and Rs 42.94/kg for rice, the corresponding per-kg PDS consumer subsidy in the coming fiscal would work out to Rs 27.94 and Rs 39.94, respectively.
- Total grain stock in the Central pool stood at 82.18 mt as on February 1, compared to 75.17 mt a year ago
- Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra – that account for 35 per cent of road accident deaths.
- India has seen around 4.5 lakh road accidents resulting in at least 1.5 lakh deaths over the past few years.
- More than 75 per cent of poor households reported a decline in their income as a result of a road crash death. Around 64 per cent of low-income households reported deterioration in their standard of living (more than twice reported by high-income households), while more than 50 per cent reported mental depression post-crash.
- About 50 per cent of women were severely affected by the decline in their household income after a crash.
- The survey shows that the income decline for low-income rural households (56 per cent) was the most severe compared to low-income urban (29.5 per cent) and high-income rural households (39.5 per cent).
Daily Mains Mantra
- Discuss the impacts of road incidents on Indian society in context of the report recently released by the World Bank. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 2: Polity
- What do you understand by fiscal federalism? Discuss implications of 15th Finance commission on fiscal federalism in India. [Reference: Indian Express]
- What is collegium system for appointment? Discuss challenges of the collegium system and how the conflict of judicial independence and accountability present in collegium system can be fixed. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Economy
- Discuss the challenges of FCI in supply-chain. In this context discuss the recommendation of Shanta Kumar committee. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Agri-market freedom and strict water accounting can account for longstanding problems of Indian agriculture. Discuss with examples of China and Israel and lessons India can learn. [Reference: Indian Express]
- What is industrial revolution 4.0? In this context discuss how disruptive Digital thinking can fix India’s agriculture. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Should Government be in the business of businesses? Discuss role of the govt in this respect in current context. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Are free trade agreements the answer for India’s growth? [Reference: Financial Express]
- What is monetary policy and what are RBI’s various instruments to achieve it? Examine if recent monetary policy review by RBI will push lending activities as well as growth. [Reference: Business Line]
- Why Kailash range matters for Indian security? [Reference: Indian Express]
- A one-size-fits-all approach to digital regulation isn’t the remedy for data protection and competition concerns. Comment. [Reference: Financial Express]
GS3: Science and Technology