Daily Practice Sheet 15 October 2020
- October 15, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- Elephant Corridors
- Borrowing for GST compensation
- Storm and Cyclones
- STARS PROGRAM
- What is delisting?
- New Shepherd
According to ILO Women dedicate 3.2 times more time than men on unpaid work: Women -4 hr 25 mins Men : 1-23 mins
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
- What was Swadeshi movement and why was it launched? Discuss the strategies adopted by Swadeshi movement. How far the movement was successful?
- Swadeshi movement marked a total reversal of the earlier nationalist approach freedom struggle.
GS 2: Polity
- After about quarter of a century (1990-2014) of relative calm, the governor’s role and powers have again become a controversial issue in Indian politics. Discuss. [Reference: The Hindu, Orfonline]
- Governor’s role has emerged as one of the key issues in Union–State relations’. Discuss. [Reference: Orfonline]
- In the wake of continued controversies related to Governor should we do away with the position of Governor? [Reference: Times Of India]
GS 2: Governance
- Discuss the role of Competition Commission of India. [Reference: Financial Express]
- ‘To ensure effective implementation of policies addressing water, sanitation and hygiene needs the identification of the beneficiary segments is to be synchronized with anticipated outcomes.” Examine the statement in the context of the WASH scheme.
GS 3: Economy
- What do you understand by Aatamanirbhar Bharat of GOI? Will it work for India? [Reference: Indian Express]
- Critically examine Aatamanirbhar Bharat. Do you think abandoning export orientation will hurt India’s growth potential in the long run? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 4: Ethics