Daily Practice Sheet 15 September 2020
- September 15, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
On this Day
Engineer’s Day is celebrated on 15th September to mark the birth anniversary of the greatest Indian Engineer Bharat Ratna Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya.
Daily Prelims Topic
- Supplementary demands of grants
- Banking Regulation Bill
- Life on Venus
- Bio signature
- Parliamentary Questions in constructional History of India
- Finance Commission devolution
- Truth Fund
- 550th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Sri Guru Nanak Dev
- Amendments in the Income Tax Act 1961
- Himalaya Diwas
- Swadesh Darsha Scheme/Buddhist circuit
- According to a study, the top 10 per cent of Indian population controls over 77 per cent of the national wealth, while the bottom half of the population holds a mere 2.5 per cent share.
- The BSE index grew seven times in the last 20 years compared to less than half that increase in average wages.
- The salary of CEOs, as a ratio of the average pay, has become more skewed over the years, reaching three-digit levels.
Source: Business Line
- Herd immunity is achieved when 40-65 per cent of the population develop antibodies.
Water in Agriculture:
As per the Central Water Commission, 85.3 percent of the total water consumed in India was for agriculture in 2000, and the figure is likely to decrease to 83.3 percent by 2025.
- N. Dikshit committee
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 2: Polity
- Dissent and criticism of government are essential ingredients of a robust public debate in a vibrant democracy. In the light of this statement do you agree that sedition law is being used to curb free speech in India? [Reference: The Hindu, The Hindu]
GS 2: Governance
- The announcement of the lockdown exposed the severe vulnerabilities of urban informal jobs. In this context, analyse the vulnerabilities in urban informal jobs and discuss reforms needed. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 2: IR
- For the first time, Indian official addressed at a gathering that includes the Taliban. In this context, discuss the role of India in bringing peace and development in Afghanistan. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 3: Economy
- Economic inequality is monstrous by product of market economy. Do you agree that corona virus is making inequality worse? Discuss in Indian context. [Reference: Business Line]
- Tackling income inequality will call for redefining of economic ideology. Comment. [Reference: Business Line]
- What is Ease of doing business index? Critically analyse methodology and results of the index. [Reference: The Hindu]
- Changing the faulty cropping pattern can help India tide over impending water crisis. Discuss. [Reference: Financial Express, First Post]
GS 3: Security