Daily Practice Sheet 16 July 2021
- July 16, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
16 July 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Why the Amazon forests are no longer acting as a carbon sink
- Government Issues two Gazette Notifications for Jurisdiction of Krishna & Godavari River Management Boards
- Why the Hubble telescope is working in ‘safe mode’
- How pandemic disrupted DTP, measles vaccination of kids
- As monsoon advances, how Doppler radars help track, forecast weather
- IFC invests $16.5 m in MedGenome
- Can UV-C technology effectively kill off the coronavirus?
- High tide flooding?
- KisanSarathi launched to facilitate farmers to get ‘right information at right time’
- India’s investments in Afghanistan
- Simpler drone rules in the offing
- COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, DhanaurUddyam
- Kamarajar 119th birth anniversary
- Zaranj-Delaram Highway
- Salma Dam
- To lower the carbon footprint and reduce reliance on petrol, the Centre has targetted a fuel standard of 20 per cent ethanol by 2030.
- This move will require about 10 billion litres of ethanol every year and about ₹500 billion to build additional biorefineries.
- It will save $4 billion for the exchequer annually .
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
GS 1: Society
- Why various politically powerful castes are claiming for backward status. [Reference: Indian Express]
- The Covid-19 pandemic has been the greatest disruptor of globalisation in the history of the modern world. In this context explain globalization as a process and challenges it faces. [Reference: HBR ORG]
GS 1: Geography
- What do you understand by high tide flooding? Is the risk increasing due to climate change? [Reference: DownToEarth]
- Explain the phenomenon of tides. [Reference: National Geographic]
GS 2: Polity
- What is a hate speech? Does constitutional guarantee of free speech include hate speech as well? [Reference: Indian Express]
- What do you understand by Rule of Law? Discuss various threats to rule of law in India. [Reference: India Times]
GS 2: International Affairs
GS 3: Environment
- Discuss the food-fuel conundrum in the context of bio fuel. In this context, analyze National Policy on Biofuels–2018 (NPB–2018). [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Security
GS 4: Ethics