Daily Practice Sheet 16 November 2022
- November 16, 2022
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
16 November 2022
CSE Mains 2023
Day 42 Target
Mains Master Notes Disaster Management
Previous Year Questions
- Disaster preparedness is the first step in any disaster management process. Explain how hazard zonation mapping will help in disaster mitigation in the case of landslides.
- Vulnerability is an essential element for defining disaster impacts and its threat to people. How and in what ways can vulnerability to disasters be characterized? Discuss different types of vulnerability with reference to disasters.
- Describe various measures taken in India for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) before and after signing ‘Sendai Framework for DRR (2015-2030)’. How is this framework different from ‘Hyogo Framework for Action, 2005?
- On December 2004, Tsunami brought havoc on 14 countries including India. Discuss the factors responsible for occurrence of Tsunami and its effects on life and economy. In the light of guidelines of NDMA (2010) describe the mechanisms for preparedness to reduce the risk during such events.
Current Affairs Based
GS 1: Geography
- World population has crossed 8bn. Discuss challenges. [Reference: The Hindu]
- India is expected to take over as the most populated country in 2023. In this context, critically examine is population the cause of poverty or poverty cause of population explosion.
- Provide a blueprint on how India can reap the benefits of demographic dividend. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 2: Polity
- Critically examine various issues in municipal finance.
- What are municipal bonds? Can they solve the problem of ULBs?
- Does right to freedom of religion also includes right to convert others? Critically examine constitutionality of anti-conversion laws in India
- Critically examine India’s constitutional arrangement of fiscal federalism. How cess and surcharges has impacted fiscal federalism? [Reference: The Hindu]
- In the last few years India federalism has turned into coercive federalism. Do you agree?
- The primacy of protecting public health — the raison d’etre of environmental legislation. Comment
GS 2: IR
GS 3: Economy
- Examine the impact of climate change on economy.
- What do you understand by water credits? How can it solve the problem of climate change? [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Environment
- Discuss India’s long-term strategy to achieve net zero goals? Examine the challenges. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Mission LIFE (Lifestyle for Environment) is at the heart of India’s vision of a safe planet. Discuss. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Trace the history of exploration of the moon. What significance does it hold for further exploration of deep space? Explain. Also, discuss India’s contribution in this regard.
- Examine the impact of climate change on human health. [Reference: The Hindu]
- Illegal Wildlife Trafficking is a national security threat which has acquired the form of a global network chain. Elaborate. Also, discuss the strategic and environmental challenges posed by Illegal Wildlife Trafficking. Suggest measures to curb them.
GS 3: Security
GS 4: Ethics
- What do you understand by moral responsibility? Discuss moral responsibilities of developed and developing nations in the context of climate change.