Daily Practice Sheet 17 October 2020
- October 17, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
On this day
- Every year 17th Oct is observed as International Day of Poverty Eradication.
Daily Prelims Topic
- Czech Republic-map
- Hunger index
- Repurposed drugs
- Solidarity trials
- Population Momentum and Sex Ratio
- State Development Loans
- NSS,NCC & Bharat Scouts
- 736 million people lived below the international poverty line of US $ 1.90 a day in 2015.
- In 2018, almost 8 per cent of the world’s workers and their families lived on less than US$1.90 per person per day.
- Most people living below the poverty line belong to two regions: Southern Asia and sub-Saharan Africa.
- As of 2018, 55 per cent of the world’s populations have no access to at least one social protection cash benefit.
The six states with higher than national fertility rate (and their TFR) in 2018 were Bihar (3.2), Uttar Pradesh (2.9) Madhya Pradesh (2.7), Rajasthan (2.5), Jharkhand (2.5) and Chhattisgarh (2.4)
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Society
- Poverty is not solely an economic issue, but rather a multidimensional phenomenon. Discuss
- What do you understand by population momentum effect? Discuss its impact on India’s future population growth. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Fertility largely depends upon social setting and programme strength.
GS 2: Governance
GS 3: Economy
GS 3: Environment
- Climate change is a serious risk to poverty reduction and threatens to undo decades of development efforts.
GS 4: Ethics