Daily Practice Sheet 18 December 2021
- December 18, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
18 December 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Project Development Cells (PDCs)
- Ramna Kali Temple
- EU’s General Data Protection Regulation
- Hybrid Immunity
- Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)
- Private Cryptocurrencies
- Biological Diversity Act 2002
- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)
- Whip in India
- OBC Reservation
- Base Rate
Topic: Devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein
Hint: Municipal bonds are being seen as viable source of finance for ULBs. Thus, the question will need their role in financing of the local bodies.
|Introduction (I): Define Municipal bonds.|
Body (B): 1) Briefly highlight gaps in financing in ULBs.
2) Now bring out the role these bonds can play in financing of these bonds and also challenges it faces.
Conclusion (C): In conclusion you can add measure to promote municipal bonds.
- Indian cities suffer from lack of capacity infrastructure and leadership. Do you think direct elections of mayors would be a step towards efficiency in urban governance?
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 2: Polity
- Who is a nominated member? How he/she is different from elected members? [Reference: Indian Express]
- Disability is not just defined by a person’s inability to perform certain functions but also by the degree to which social and structural barriers prevent the person’s full participation in society. In the light of the statement discuss the challenges faced by differently abled people and efforts made by the GOI to empower differently abled people.
GS 3: Economy
- What do you understand by capital formation? What prescription economic survey has given for boosting capital formation in India? [Reference: The Hindu]
- Do you think liberalization of agriculture is the solution to ills of agri sector? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Environment