Daily Practice Sheet 18 October 2022
- October 18, 2022
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
18 October 2022
CSE Mains 2023
Day 13 Target
Mains Master Notes Technology mission
Source: Mains Master Notes
Current Affairs Based
GS 1: Geography
GS 1: Society
- Is population explosion the cause of poverty or poverty the cause of population explosion? Critically argue. [Reference: Live Mint]
GS 2: Polity
- How is poverty measured in India? Has poverty decline in the last two decade?
- What is multi-dimensional poverty Index? How it is calculated?
- India has pushed back poverty, still home to most poor people in world. In the light of the statements, discuss the causes of poverty in India. [Reference: DownToEarth]
GS 3: Economy
- Discuss the need for mobilization of the labour potential of Indian economy. [Reference: Live Mint]
- Discuss the challenges of harnessing demographic dividend in India. [Reference: Live Mint]
- What do you understand by competitiveness? How important is labour for competitiveness of any economy?
- What do you understand by counterfeit trade? Examine its implications for the economy. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Science and Technology
GS 3: Security
- What do you understand by organised crime? Discuss its characteristics.
- How big is organised crime in India? What are the legal and institutional set up to counter it.
- Differentiate between organised crime and terrorism. Are there any interlinkages between them
- The nexus between transnational organized crime and terrorism represents a growing threat worldwide. Explain with example
- What is hybrid war? Is India facing one? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 4: Ethics
- Corruption is both anti-national and anti-poor. Discuss
- What do you understand bypolitician-bureaucrat-business nexus? How does it lead to corruption?