Daily Practice Sheet 19 July 2020
- July 19, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
On this Day
In 1969, on this day Indian Government nationalised 14 major commercial banks of India by Presidental ordinance.
Daily Prelims Topic
- NationalCouncil of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
- National Curriculum Framework
- Plasmid DNA Vaccine
- Vertical transmission vs Horizontal transmission
- Vit D
- Faults and earthquake
- IMD alerts
- Dehing Patkai
- Kaziranga National Park
Pendency of court cases
There are 59,867 cases pending in the Supreme Court, and 44.75 lakh cases in various high courts. At the district and subordinate court levels, the number of pending cases stand at a shocking 3.14 crore.
Daily Committee and Commission
- 142nd Report of the Law Commission of India mooted the idea of “concessional treatment” of those who plead guilty on their own volition, but was careful to underscore that it would not involve any plea bargaining or “haggling” with the prosecution.
- The Justice Malimath Committeeon reforms of the criminal justice system endorsed the recommendations of the Law Commission with regard to plea bargaining.
Source: The Hindu
Daily Mains Mantra
- What do you understand by chronicles? How useful are Mughal chronicle for scholars who wish to write Mughal history?
- What do you understand by Human Capital? What are two major sources of human capital in a country? Establish relation between human capital formation and Economic growth with example from India and world.
GS 1: Geography
- What do you understand by faults? What role do they play in causing earthquakes? [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 2: Polity
- Discuss the concept of plea bargaining? How can it help to unclog the judicial system in India? [Reference: The Hindu, Times Of India]
GS 3: Economy
- Why were private banks nationalised in 1969? Did they achieve their intended objectives? Critically examine
Source: Economic Survey
- Indian banking system suffers from “disproportionate dwarfism”. Discuss [Reference: Economic Times, Economic Times]
GS 3: Disaster Management
- Assam and Bihar has seen one of the worst flooding in recent times in last two years. How far these floods are result of poor planning? Discuss NDMA guideline in this regard. [Reference: Live Mint]
GS 4: Ethics