Daily Practice Sheet 19 June 2020
- June 19, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
According to a study by ICRIER, property tax contributes to around 20 per cent on an average to total revenues of ULBs in India, and the average per capita property tax collection was ₹421 in 2017-18.
Daily Mains Mantra
- What do you understand by Alternate Dispute Redressed? Discuss its relevance. [Reference: The Hindu]
- Critically examine the challenges faced by ULBs especially in the field of finance.[Reference: The Hindu Businessline]
- Only reform in political parties can bring substantial change in election system. In this context, discuss the need for reform in political parties? [Reference: Indian Express]
- What is the mandate of UNSC? Analyze the objective of India as UNSC Non-Permanent member enunciated by MEA(‘NORMS’) [Reference: The Hindu]
- Can China and USA escape the Thucydides Trap? [Reference: The Atlantic]
GS 3: Economy
- Can India replace China as the next factory of the world? Why make in India didn’t succeed? [Reference: The Hindu] (Daily Answer Writing Discussion@9 PM)
- FDI inflows into India is skewed in favour of service sector in place of manufacturing sector. Discuss the reasons for the pattern. [Reference: The Hindu] (Daily Answer Writing Discussion@9 PM)
- How far do you agree that the primary reasons for the high NPAs is the prevalence of poor corporate governance. [Reference: The Hindu Businessline]
- How far India’s dependence on Chinese imports impacts the options India has to tackle its borders with China? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 4: Ethics
- What do you understand by value based position in International affairs? How it is different from realist position?
- What do you understand by probity? [Reference: Indian Express]
- What are the qualities of good judge? [Reference: Indian Express]
- What do you understand by conscience? What role it plays in ethical decision making?
- What is fairness?