Daily Practice Sheet 19 November 2020
- November 19, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- NATIONAL POPULATION REGISTER
- ICMR GUIDELINE ON PLASMA THERAPY
- GENOME SURVEY
- STORAGE OF VACCINE
- DEEMED FORESTS
- LVB FAILURE
- CHAPARE VIRUS
- SINGH SABHA MOVEMENT AND SGPC
- OZONE THERAPY
- Art 226
After six weeks of fierce fighting, Armenia and Azerbaijan agreed to end military operations in and around in a ceasefire brokered by Russian President Vladimir Putin. Some 2,000 people, including combatants and civilians, are estimated to have been killed in the war.
Kalaburagi and Hindon:
The first direct flight operations from Kalaburagi in Karnataka to Hindon Airport in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, were flagged off on Wednesday under Regional Connectivity Scheme Ude Desh KaAam Nagrik (RCS-UDAN). Star Air was awarded the route last year.
Global merchandise exports stood at almost $18 trillion in 2017 (more than six times India’s GDP) with India commanding an export share of just 1.7 per cent (versus China’s 12.8 per cent).
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
- What was Singh Sabha movement?
- Discuss the background of Gurudwara Reform Movement / Akali Movement. Critically examine its significance for National Movement. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Discuss all socio-religious reform movement in Punjab between 1870’s to 1920’s. How did it change the Punjab society? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 2: Polity
GS 2: Governance
- What do you understand by behavior economics concept of nudge? How can it be used in public policy? [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Economy
- What do you understand by import substitution? Can it help to build a $5 trillion economy? [Reference: Indian Express]
- Discuss strategies to increase India’s share in global exports.
- To reach the National Policy on Electronics, 2019, targets and for turning into a global manufacturing hub, we cannot depend on mobile phones manufacturing alone