Daily Practice Sheet 2 June 2021
- June 2, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
2 June 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- DCGI, apex drug regulator, relaxes norms for clearing vaccines
- Nomination of member for Rajya Sabha seat
- BRICS foreign ministers hold virtual meet
- Gojri language
- Cross-reactive coronavirus antibody
- Acquisition and termination of citizenship
- Purchasing Managers Index lowest in 10 months
- Variable Capital Company
- One nation one standard
- FDI inflows
- Antigua: It has been in news for repatriation of Mehul Choksi
Children during pandemic
- A total of 1,742 children were orphaned, 140 abandoned and 7,464 children have lost one parent because of the Covid-19 pandemic since March 2020, as per National Commission for Child Rights (NCPCR).
- 9,346 in total — are in need of care and that 3,711 children are in the 8-13 age group
- 152 million children around the world are still in child labour, 73 million of them in hazardous work.
- A Government of India survey (NSS Report No. 585, 2017-18, Statement 3.12, p.35) suggests that 95% of the children in the age group of 6-13 years are attending educational institutions (formal and informal) while the corresponding figures for those in the age group of 14-17 years is 79.6%.
- The Census of India 2011 reports 10.1 million working children in the age group of 5-14 years, out of whom 8.1 million are in rural areas mainly engaged as cultivators (26%) and agricultural labourers (32.9%)
- UNESCO estimates based on the 2011 Census record 38.1 million children as “out of school” (18.3% of total children in the age group of 6-13 years).
Daily Mains Mantra
Daily Mini Practice – 30 Minutes
Topics: Economic growth and economic development, Indian Economy, planning in India
- Is GDP an accurate measurement of growth? Argue your case with relevant case studies. In this context, can you think of other way of measuring growth and development?
- Economic reforms have created sectoral and regional inequality in India. Do you agree? Argue your case with relevant data.
- Is planning needed in a market economy? Critically examine the role of NITI Aayog in this regard.
Mains 2022 (as per LAQSHYA 2022 timetable)
- Why Gupta period is called the golden age of ancient India.
- Discuss the development of science in ancient India.
- What do you understand by Operation flood? Evaluate its impact.
- Discuss the evolution of cooperative movement in India.
- Should begging be banned, and if yes, then will if be sufficient to address problem of begging in India. [Reference: India Times]
- Discuss the causes and nature of child labour in India. In recent times, there has been shift in pattern of child labour. Discuss the challenges ending child labour in India. [Reference: The Hindu]
- What is cooperative federalism? Discuss various strains in cooperative federalism emerging in recent times. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Digitization in agriculture is an important element of self-reliant as well as Digital India. Elaborate. [Reference: PIB]
- What is the mandate of Competition Commission of India? Examine its effectiveness in regulating competition in India. [Reference: Financial Express]