Daily Practice Sheet 20 December 2021
- December 20, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
20 December 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Poshan (Nutrition) Tracker
- Retail Inflation preferred over Wholesale Inflation
- India’s Missile Capability
- Article 6 of the Paris Agreement
- Global Environment Facility (GEF)
- Enhanced Transparency Framework (ETF)
- Sumi Naga tribe
- Energy Efficiency
- Electric Vehicles
- Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
- NDRF & SDRF
- Gadchiroli’s first Jumbos
- Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative
- As per the National Family Health Survey (2019-2021), 23.3% of women aged 20-24 years married before 18.
Science and Technology
- Instead, the spending on research and development as a proportion of GDP declined in India from 0.85% in 1990- 91 to 0.65% in 2018. In contrast, this proportion increased over the years in China and South Korea to reach 2.1% and 4.5%, respectively, by 2018.
- The number of persons enrolled for tertiary education in India (35.2 million in 2019) is way ahead of the corresponding numbers in all other countries except China. Further, graduates from STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) programmes as a proportion of all graduates was 32.2% for India in 2019, one of the highest among all countries (UNESCO data).
- An overwhelming proportion of tertiary students in India are enrolled in private institutions: it was 60% for those enrolled for a bachelor’s degree in 2017, while the average for G20 countries was 33%, according to OECD
MAINS OPTIMA 2021
- What do you understand by growth inflation trade off? How big is this challenge for RBI?
- What do you understand by green GDP? Can it be substitute for Gross Domestic Product?
Topic: Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning
- With the decline of the Parliament and rise of popularity of the PM, many argue that India should adopt Presidential system. In this context discuss the basic difference between parliamentary and Presidential system of government. Also give your opinion about desirability of Presidential system in India.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
GS 1: Society
- Prohibition of Child Marriage Act 2006 has not been wholly successful in preventing child marriages especially among the poor. Comment. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 2: IR
- What was Iran nuclear deal? Why did US walk of the deal? What are the implications of failure of Iran nuclear deal?
GS 3: Economy
- Efficient logistics is a pre requisite for exports. In this context discuss the challenges in the logistics sector. [Reference: Business Line]
- Discuss the macroeconomic cost of MSP. How can WTO be leveraged to reform MSP regime? [Reference: The OutReach]
GS 3: Science and Technology
GS 3: Security
- What are killer robots? [Reference: Indian Express]
- Discuss the development of missile technology in India? Explain hypersonic technology in this context.
GS 4: Ethics