Daily Practice Sheet 20 July 2020
- July 20, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- Network Products
- Community Transmission
- Swarm, upsurge and plague of locust
- Rule of Law
- Consumer Protection Act 2019
- Verkhoyansk [Source: Vox]
- Baghjan site
- It is reported that prior to the 2018 ban, 95 per cent of European Union’s and 70 per cent of USA’s plastic waste collected for recycling was sold and shipped to China.
- The latest annual report of the Central Pollution Control Board on plastic waste tells it all—while rich states like Goa produce as much as 60 grams of plastic per capita per day; Delhi is catching up with 37 grams per capita per day.
- The national average is around 8 grams per capita per day. In other words, as societies become more affluent, they will become more wasteful.
- India accounts for more than 61 million stunted children (low height for age), 47 million underweight children (low weight for age) and 25 million wasted children (weight for height), i.e. approximately 10% of our population.
- A World Bank study states two-thirds of India’s current workforce was stunted in childhood, resulting in reduction in GDP per capita income of 13%.
Daily Mains Mantra
- “Fiscal policy and monetary policy are the two tools used by the state to achieve its macroeconomic objectives.” Examine the statement and point out the differences between the tools.
GS 2: Polity
- Extra judicial killings go against the rule of the law. In the light of this statement discuss Supreme Court and NHRC directions in this regard. [Reference: The Hindu]
- Critically examine the need for a separate anti-torture law? [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 2: Governance
- Analyze the salient features of Consumer Protection Rights Act, 2019.Explain how it empowers consumers? [Reference: Timesnow News, Financial Express]
- Discuss the need for urban replica of MNREGA. [Reference: Live Mint]
- Prevalence of stunting is a clear indicator of inequalities in human development. Discuss the causes responsible for high stunting and measures needed to tackle it. [Reference: Financial Express]
- Do you think China’s new enhanced relation with India will pose a long term threat to India’s interest? [Reference: Financial Express, Indian Express]