Daily Practice Sheet 20 October 2020
- October 20, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- Fertilizer Subsidy
- Assam-Mizoram dispute
- What are asteroids?
- District Development Council
- Benefits of SWAMITVA
- Debt and Its impact
- The IMF projects the fiscal deficit as a proportion of GDP in emerging markets and middle-income economies (EMMIEs) as a group to rise from 4.9 per cent in 2019 to 10.7 per cent in 2020
- Rural economy contributes 25-30% to the GDP.
- Share in national gross value added is about 32%.
- Provide employment to about 111 million workers.
- Share of MSME-related products in exports was about 48% during 2018-19.
- The government is gearing to increase their contribution in the gross value added to 50%, and in exports to 75%.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 2: Governance
- Poverty is no longer a rural centric situation, it has become a pan Indian-Phenomenon. [Reference: DownToEarth]
- Make a case of universalization of anti-poverty programmes. [Reference: DownToEarth]
GS 2: IR
- What constitutes nation’s power? Make a comparison between India and China. How has the difference evolved in the last 50 years? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Economy
- The Covid crisis has raised government debt the world over. Discuss the impact of public debt on the economy. [Reference: Business Line]
- Rural revitalisation is key to Aatmanirbhar Bharat. It should be driven by promoting agro-industries and linkages between farm and non-farm sectors. Discuss various strategies to achieve this. [Reference: Financial Express]
GS 3: Environment
- “National Green Tribunal is viewed by many critics as a hindrance to economic development.” Evaluate and give arguments in support of your answer.
- Discuss the reasons for growing number of urban floods in India. [Reference: Financial Express]
GS 3: Security
- What is Doha Agreement between US and Taliban? Critically examine its implications for India’s security. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 4: Ethics