Daily Practice Sheet 21 November 2023
- November 21, 2023
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
21 November 2023
Current Affairs Based
GS 1: History
- “The railways, instead of serving as the catalyst of an industrial revolution as in Western Europe and the USA, acted in India as ‘the catalyst of complete colonization’.”- Examine.
- “Not until independence, when economic development became a conscious and pursued policy, did the Railways begin to realize their potential for assisting in the transformation of the Indian economy.” Critically examine
GS 2: Polity
- The colonial institution needs to be brought in sync with the letter and spirit of federal democracy through judicial intervention or constitutional reform. In the light of this statement, In the light of the statement, Discuss the recommendations of Sarkaria and Punchi Commission (Answer Writing Challenge)
- Climate change has a tremendous negative impact on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services. Discuss
- Critically examine the present system of appointment of judges of Higher judiciary.
GS 2: IR
- Discuss India and Australia relationship in the context of Indo Pacific and growing Chinese aggressiveness.
GS 3: Economy
- What are subsidies? Discuss their need for a country like India. What are the challenges
- What are the different types of agriculture subsidies given to farmers at the national and at state levels? Critically analyse the agricultural subsidy regime with reference to the distortions created by them.
GS 3: Environment
GS 4: Ethics