Daily Practice Sheet 22 October 2020
- October 22, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- Mutation of Genes
- State consent to CBI
- Asteroid Bennu
- Production Linked Incentive
- 2+ 2 Dialogue
- Integrated Command
- There are 3.1 crore cases pending in the lower courts (83 lakh pending for over 10 years), 44 lakh in the high courts (32 lakh pending for over 10 years), and 60,000 cases pending in the Supreme Court.
- Prisons are over capacity by 114 per cent, of which two-thirds are undertrials.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Society
GS 2: Polity
- Justice delayed is justice denied. In the light of this statement do you think virtual courts will reduce the pendency of cases? Critically examine.
GS 2: Governance
- Tax administration in India remains a drag on the economy. In this context discuss the faceless assessment system scheme and citizen tax charter. How far it will improve the tax administration. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 2: IR
- Is concept of Indo Pacific a direct threat to China’s BRI? In this context, discuss QUAD grouping and its intended objective. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Economy
- Population aging is going to be the next global economic threat. Comment. [Reference: Live Mint]
- What are PSUs? Critically assess their contribution in the post-independence India with focus on post 1991 period. [Reference: Financial Express]
- Discuss the need for a new PSU policy in the wake of its redefined role. [Reference: Bloombergquint]
GS 4: Ethics
- Is Indian Police prejudiced against vulnerable sections of the society? [Reference: EPW]
- Is Indian Police is insensitive to sufferings of poor and vulnerable? [Reference: EPW]
- What do you understand by fraternity in the Preamble? Discuss its relevance in the present time. [Reference: Indian Express]
- The dispensation of justice is a human endeavour made up of laws, ethics, morality, wisdom and compassion. Comment
- Justice delayed is justice denied. Comment
- The business of business is to make profit for its shareholders. Critically comment.