Daily Practice Sheet 24 April 2021
- April 24, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
24 April 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Glacial Burst
- Breakthrough Infections
- Amicus curiae
- The Cryptocurrency and Regulation of Official Digital Currency Bill, 2021
- Armenian Genocide
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC)
- Narasimham committee
- Investment Opportunities in India’s Healthcare Sector Report
- UK Parliament declares genocide in China’s Xinjian
- UK variant
- EUA for virafin
- Sumna in Niti Valley Uttarakhand (Glacial burst reported)
- Baralacha Pass
- Indian investors according to unofficial estimates, hold around $1.5 billion (Rs 10,000 crore) in digital currencies.
- While the United States and the European Union are both now vowing to get roughly halfway to zero by 2030 — on the way to net zero emissions by 2050 — they account for only one-quarter of global greenhouse gas emissions.
- America aims to cut its greenhouse gas emissions 50 per cent to 52 per cent below 2005 levels by 2030.
- China, the world’s largest emitter of greenhouse gases, has pledged that its emissions will peak by around 2030. From that point, the country will then aim to get down to net zero emissions by 2060.
Daily Mains Mantra
- There is an urgent need to address systemic issues plaguing the judiciary to affirm the people’s faith in the institution. Elaborate. [Reference: Indian Express, Financial Express]
- The progress of panchayati raj has been patchy, since its constitutionalisation 27 years ago.