Daily Practice Sheet 26 June 2020
- June 26, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
On this Day
The Charter of the United Nations was signed on 26 June 1945, in San Francisco, at the conclusion of the United Nations Conference on International Organization, and came into force on 24 October 1945. The Statute of the International Court of Justice is an integral part of the Charter.
Daily Prelims Topic
- What is Environment Impact Assessment?
- Inland waterways
- Number and Name
- Inland Waterway Authority of India
- HSN code
- Art 371 A
- Salami slicing strategy
- Sugarcane cultivation areas in India
- Article 371 A
India –China Trade
- India imported goods worth $70 billion from China in the financial year 2018-19
- In 2019, total merchandise imports from China were to the tune of $ 85 billion. India exported just $ 30 bn worth merchandise to China.
- Thus imports from China is 2.5 times of the export to China from India.
- 1% of India’s export was destined to China, whereas only 3% of China’s export came to India.
- On the import side, 13.7% of India’s imports came China , whereas China saw an insignificant share of its imports coming from India. The two-way trade with China registered marginal growth, with Indian exports increasing from 3.9 per cent to 5.1 per cent between 2015 and 2019, while imports from China hovered around 15 per cent.
- China accounts for a major share of India’s imports of antibiotics, nitrogen compounds, diodes and transistors, tubes and pipes of iron and steel, and electric accumulators, to take just a few examples.
- China accounts for nearly 70 per cent of the bulk drugs imported by Indian pharma companies.
Source: Indian Express
Indian industry had a barely three per cent share in a rapidly growing global space economy which was already worth at least $360 billion.
Daily Mains Mantra
- Discuss the favorable geographical factors for cultivation of sugarcane. How has the pattern of sugarcane cultivation and its geographical distribution changed in India in the last 3 decades?
GS 2: Polity
- Discuss the powers of the governor under special provision of Article 371 A. [Reference: Scroll In]
- What do you understand by democracy? Is democracy under threat during the pandemic? [Reference: The Hindu]
- Explain the irony of stocks lying in public god owns while people are going hungry. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Critically examine the proposal to shift from PDS to cash transfer. [Reference: Indian Express]
- How feasible it is for India to carry out economic boycott of China? [Reference: Business Line]
- How will recent US Visa regulation impact Indian and US economy ? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Economy
- With the increasing number of OTP, discuss the need for Ministry of convergence communication. [Reference: Business Line]
- MSME can play an important role in making local products popular. Discuss the significance of MSME in the context of ‘Vocal for Local’ campaign. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Science and Technology
- How will private participation in the space industry help ISRO and India in long term? Explain in the light of recent announcement of. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Security
- What is Salami Slicing strategy? How has China used it against India? [Reference: India Today, ORF online]
GS 4: Ethics
- How advertisement influence the attitude of masses? Discuss ethical issues involved in advertisement. [Reference: Indian Express]
- What do you understand by Brand? [Reference: BusinessLine]
- What do you understand by influence? How it helps in shape attitude and behavior of others?[Reference: Financial Express]