Daily Practice Sheet 27 July 2020
- July 27, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- MPC reconstitution
- Remittances to fall
- Assam floods
- Tsirkon (Zircon)
- Hypersonic cruise missile
- Google and Facebook’s ad revenues exceeded $200 billion last year.
- AI apps are estimated to add about $15 trillion or 17 per cent to global GDP in the next 10 years. By then, over 70 per cent of firms would use AI in some form. [Reference: Business Line]
Daily Mains Mantra
- What do you understand by soil? Discuss the factors responsible for soil formation.
- What do landforms? Discuss the types of landforms and their use.
- What are the different types of agriculture subsidies given to farmers at the national and at state levels? Critically analyze the agricultural subsidy regime with reference to the distortions created by it.
GS 1: Modern History
- Discuss the contribution of Dada Bhai Naroji towards the growth of Indian nationalism. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 2: Polity
- Governor’s post has become controversial because of allegations of partisan behavior. Discuss the factors responsible for this perception and suggest measures to make governor neutral. [Reference: The Hindu, Economic Times]
- Differentiate between Parliamentary and Presidential form of Government. Should India move to the Presidential form of the Government? [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Economy
- Has inequality increased in the last three decades? How can India arrest economic inequality. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Environment
- Environmental regulation is not an unnecessary burden but an essential obligation for the health and welfare of our people and sustainable development. In the light of the statement critically examine the draft EIA 2020. [Reference: Tribune India, The Hindu]
GS 3: Science and Tech
- Discuss possibilities Artificial Intelligence in India. How can India become an Artificial Intelligence power house. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Security
- What do you understand by money laundering? Discuss the measures taken by government to control money laundering. [Reference: The Hindu]
- What do you understand by information war? How can India tackle it? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 4: Ethics
- What is meant by ‘environmental ethics? Why is it important to study? Discuss any one environmental issues from the viewpoint of environmental ethics.