Daily Practice Sheet 27 June 2020
- June 27, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- Debt and fiscal consolidation:
- RBI board meeting highlights:
- Bhitarkanika fishing cats
- International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Raw material for rechargeable batteries
- Rate transmission and loan restructuring
- Nasha Mukt Bharat
- World Drug report 2020
- Senkaku Islands
- Role of Speaker in 10th Schedule
- According to 2018 annual report by United Nations-backed International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) India is one of the major hubs for illicit drug trade.
- India alone accounted for six per cent of the world’s cannabis herb (ganja) seizures in 2016 (nearly 300 tonnes), and reported seizing even higher quantities in 2017 (353 tonnes) — a 20 per cent increase compared to 2016, the report by UN office of Drugs and Crime said.
- India produced 66 tonnes of opium in all forms, including morphine.
- There are 10 suicides every day due to alcohol abuse.
- United Nation’s latest report on drug use revealed a 30 per cent increase on 2009 with regards to the consumption of narcotics with some 35 million people worldwide suffering from drug disorders.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Geography
- The geographical location has forced India to become the transit point of many illegal drugs to the world. Discuss [Reference: IDSA, The Week]
GS 2: Governance
- Discuss the problem of drug abuse in India. Critically examine measures taken by government to fight this pandemic. [Reference: PIB]
- Corona pandemic has drastically affected the education sector. Comment. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 3: Economy
GS 4: Ethics
- What do you understand by reformative justice? How effective it is in today’s world? [Reference: Indian Express]