Daily Practice Sheet 28 August 2020
- August 28, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- Great Andamanese test covid positive( Tribes of Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
- State borrowing
- National Land Bank Portal
- Rohtang Tunnel
- Andaman Archipelago
- Strait Island
- South China Sea
- Indian cities are home to 461 million people and generates 63 per cent of the country’s GDP,
- The share of manufacturing in India’s GDP has remained stagnant around 16 per cent for nearly three decades.
- The share of services is around 55 per cent share in the economy.
- In India, every year, around 300 million people are at a risk of dying from NCDs.
- The WHO has estimated that more than 60 per cent of the deaths in India are a result of cardiac diseases, respiratory disorders and cancer, and 26 per cent of this 60 per cent is among those who are within the age bracket 30-70 years.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Society
- Caste, occupation and poverty are interwoven. Examine Give relevant examples to prove this linkage.
- Who are PVTGs? What makes them more vulnerable than other tribal groups? [Reference: Indian Express, Hindustan Times]
GS 2: Polity
- Reservation policy cannot be static, it has to change with time and context. In the light of the statement examine the need for quota within quota debate. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 2: Governance
- What are NCDs? How has covid pandemic aggravated the NCD burden?Assess India’s preparedness to tackle the growing challenge of the NCDs. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 2: IR
GS 3: Economy
- Why has the adoption of Electric Vehicle been slow in India? Can Battery swapping help? [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Security
- Analyze the Defence Production Policy 2018? Can it make India self-reliant? [Reference: Times Of India]
GS 4: Ethics