Daily Practice Sheet 29 July 2021
- July 29, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
29 July 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- The Ken Betwa project needs to be redesigned
- Earth Overshoot Day’ has shifted back to July 29 says WWF
- GST Council
- Telangana Dalit Bandhu scheme
- Covishield Efficacy
- Options and futures
- Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (Amendment) Bill
- The academic bank of credit (ABC)
- International Tiger Day
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- No immunity for acts of vandalism: SC
- India is set to double its urban population between 2018 and 2030, with estimates projecting that by 2028, New Delhi would become the most populous city on the planet.
- As per the Report of the Technical Group (TG-12) on Estimation of Urban Housing Shortage (2012), the economically weaker sections and low-income groups currently face 96 per cent of the total housing shortage in India.
- According to the 2011 Census data, nearly 11 million housing units were vacant in the country. This combined with a shortage of nearly 19 million units in 2012 presents a perplexing picture.
- Ken Betwa River Interlinking
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Society
- Two child norms will have many unintended consequence in a patriarchal and caste dominated Indian society. Discuss. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 1: Geography
- Discuss the potential of hydro power energy of Himalayan states in India. Are there any potential danger? [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 2: Polity
- Discuss the issues plaguing fiscal federalism in India. Suggest measures to improve it.
- India is set to double its urban population between 2018 and 2030. In this context, discuss the challenge of affordable housing in urban area. How the recent approved Model Tenancy Act, 2021 will help the housing shortage in India. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 2: International Affairs
- There is a significant untapped potential to expand India-EU bilateral trade relation through an FTA. [Reference: Financial Express]
GS 3: Environment