Daily Practice Sheet 3 June 2021
- June 3, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
3 June 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Palestine questions India’s silence at UNHRC/Human rights:
- Zero hour
- Restricts on the government servants before and after retirement:
- Pandav Leni or Trirashmi Buddhist Cave
- Justice (Retd) Arun Kumar Mishra as new NHRC President
- Gross value added at basic prices
- What is circular economy system?
- LEO technology: Internet from sky
- Rising oil prices and OPEC+
- China’s ‘artificial sun’ experimental fusion reactor
- H10N3 bird flu detected in human
- New gold spot exchange proposed by SEBI
- SDG India Index
- Model tenancy act
Gaza and Palestine territories
The Foreign minister of the Palestinian National Authority has complained that New Delhi’s abstention “stifles the important work of… advancing human rights for all peoples, including those of the Palestinian people
- Cauvery River and tributaries
- Luni River
Rural development as driver of growth
- In the worst-ever contraction in 2020-21, the farm sector actually grew by 3.6%.
- During the period real gross value added at basic prices (previously known as GDP at factor cost) was at minus 6.2%.
- There have been four instances of negative GDP growth earlier: 1979-80, 1972-73, 1965-66 and 1957-58. All four were drought years, with agricultural de-growth surpassing that of overall GDP in each of them
- Around 12.3 billion sanitary napkins, amounting to 113,000 tonnes of waste, reached India’s landfills every year, according to a new study.
Daily Mains Mantra
Daily Mini Practice – 30 Minutes
Topic: Economic growth and economic development, Indian Economy, planning in India
- Why was Planning Commission abolished? Has NITI Aayog been successful in meeting this shortcoming of Planning Commission?
- According to Economic Survey 2019 Private investment is the key driver for growth. Examine the reasons for low private investment. Also discuss the strategy to boost private investment.
- What do you understand by Unorganized Sector? Is shrinking unorganized sector a positive sign for India’s development
Mains 2022 (as per LAQSHYA 2022 timetable)
- The Mughal style evolved as a result of a happy synthesis of the indigenous Indian style of painting and the Safavid school of Persian painting. Discuss
- Analyze the difference between Rajput and Mughal miniature Painting.
- What do you understand by classical music? Differentiate between Carnatic music and Hindustani music.
- Fundamental Rights seek to prevent arbitrary and irrational action of the states. In the context examine the role of the SC as the protector of the FRs. [Reference: MSN]
- The degree of federalism in India has depended largely on two variables: the nature of political coalitions at the Centre and role of States in such coalitions (the period 1996 to 2014 for example), and the cultural diversity of regions. [Reference: The Hindu]
- Is Indian federalism biased towards center? Argue
GS2: International Relations
- How far foreign policy of a nation combination of continuity and change? In this context evaluate the changes in India’s foreign policy in recent times. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Discuss the Pillar two proposal of OECD.
- Rural growth was the sweet spot amidst gloom of economy contraction due to Covid crisis. In this context discuss how rural growth is still far from its potential and how it can become a major driver of growth. Also, discuss challenges facing rural growth in current times. [Reference: Indian Express]
- There has been growing trend of increasing gap between the “Income” and “wealth”. In this context critically examine the role of Central banks policy around the world in this increased gap. [Reference: Financial Express]
- Discuss the public health impact of climate change. [Reference: DownToEarth]