Daily Practice Sheet 3 October 2021
- October 3, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
3 October 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- United Nations Food Systems Summit
- Increasing Adoption Of Crypto Assets Pose Financial Stability Challenges: IMF
- Green Bonds
- Act-A or Access to covid-19 Tools accelerator
- BepiColombo mission
- North Korea tests new hypersonic weapon
- Immortal Beings
- Positive Feedback Loop and Desertification
- New rules to clear retro tax mess
- Jal Jeevan Mission
- Assam Accord
- IAO Hanle
- Langa-Manganiyar Heritage
- According to Hurun Rich List India has 1,007 individuals with over Rs 1,000 crore, with 179 of them joining this distinct listing for the first time in 2021, when the country was yet to come out of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) lockdown.
- India had added 40 new billionaires in 2020. The list ranked Mukesh Ambani as the country’s wealthiest with a net worth of $83 billion. He registered a 24 per cent growth in his wealth.
- Desertification could displace 700 million people by 2050 triggering food insecurity and conflicts. As per the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (unccd), is degra-ding 12 million ha of productive land across the world every year..
- Just 10 states account for nearly 65 per cent of India’s total area under desertification.
- Over 25 per cent of India’s land area is undergoing desertification. Of the 30 states*, 26 recorded an increase in the area under desertification between 2003-05 and 2011-13
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Geography
- Land is at the core of fighting desertification and climate change. In this context, discuss land as a most important resource.
- What is desertification? Discuss factors responsible for it.
- What are springs? Discuss the importance of Himalayan springs. [Reference: DownToEarth, India Times]
GS 2: Polity
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission(ABDM) claims to make health care accessible and inclusive, however it suffers from various challenges. Discuss. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 3: Economy
GS 3: Environment
- UNITED Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (CCD) is not about desertification. It is about fighting desertification. In the light of the statement critically asses implementation of UNCCD.
- What are green crackers? How different they are from traditional crackers? Can they make a difference? [Reference: The Hindu]